Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Evaluation 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Feed Back For Silentium

On this blog entry the people what have given feedback didn't want to be recorded so in stead they gave me written feedback for me to put on here.

Hannah Loughlin - When I first saw Silentium, I could immediately tell it was a horror as the music set the mood. The shots were brilliant and my favourite was the one in the first persons prospective when the man went to gap the guy and he got knocked over. Acting was really good and the voice was very easy to hear and understand with the music in the background. The transitioning was extraordinary and exceptional. The names of who was involved were very clear. The plot was very easy to pick up on and understand. Perhaps, instead of the names of who was involved, they should of put the name on the same scene as the actor when he is on the screen.

Jack Heptin - Overall very specifically liked the ending because it makes the viewer want to see more. Great acting. you can tell it is a horror due to the music. I would carry on watching this if it was the whole film. Maybe the axe man could be more psychotic.

Connor Fabela - The use of transitions for the opening credits was exaordinary. Mad the aperients almost like the real thing, interesting how you included a horror related production company. Costume and scenery was perfect It felt like a horror. The use of the first person was exceptional it makes the project unique as its not common in horror films. Dialect was distracting as I don’t believe someone in his position would controlling the conversation. Although it set the mood for the end of the clip. The simplicity of the killer was probably the best part.

Conor Mclean - The first thing I noticed about Silentium was the creepy piano music playing giving mean immediate unnerving feeling. The opening scene jump straight in to another scenario where someone is tied up by a masked villain. The fact the bad guy is masked creates the sense of fear in the unknown making me wonder who it is. The dark dingy environment also adds to the uncomftibale feeling that the scene gives off. The music intensifies by adding a low, steady bass line which reminded me of a heartbeat, causing me to relate to the character by feeling fear. The title screen its self gives the greatest indication that the film is a horror a film. The word 'Silentium' is giving a static effect that reminds me of other horror films such as The Ring. 'Silentium' also makes me thing of asylum, which is a spooky uncomfortable environment which also creates a desire to watch and find out what happens.
Red Vauighan - The use of different types of camera shot was a good idea, I particularly liked the point of view shot because it made the opening sequence feel more subversive. The opening sequence gave a good idea as to the story line and the music was a good choice as it built tension. Some of the speech was unclear, and the punch sound effect was a little comical, but it did not rain the tension. The setting and lighting fit well with the scenes.
Besty Babu - I thought the different camera shots and specific angles used made the film opening sequence very dramatic and very easily gained my interest. The plot was captivating. Overall the sequence in my opinion was outstanding! one improvement I would suggest is maybe make the villain look more scary and intense.


No comments:

Post a Comment